Businesses and facilities in the UPA program are billed annually for consolidated permits.
Permit invoices are sent annually, typically in May or June. The annual payment is based on the program elements applicable to a business or facility, and includes surcharge(s) that are pass-through fees to the State of California.
Permits are issued once payment is received and provided there are no outstanding violations. The permit year is July 1-June 30.
Other payments to the Environmental Safety Division include (but are not limited to): enforcement, plan check, secondary containment testing, voluntary site cleanup, and hazardous materials responses.
Environmental Safety Payment Instructions:
Environmental Safety payments can be made by check or credit card (we issue a 2.75% service fee for credit card transactions) in person at Fire Station 1 office at 314 Main Street, El Segundo, CA 90245; or a check can be mailed to:
The City of El Segundo
314 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Please indicate your invoice number on the memo line of the check.
ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY DOCUMENTS AND FORMS
- Aboveground Tank Facility Statement (APSA)
- California Accidental Release Prevention (CalARP) Program- Administering Agency Guidance (CALARP)
- Hazardous Waste Storage Times
- HMBP FAQ
- Master Fee Schedule FY 2019-2020
- Process Safety Performance Indicators Form
- Release Reporting Matrix
- Release Reporting Regulations
- Retail Chemical Products Guidance (HW)
- SPCC Tier I template (APSA)
- Spill Release Assessment Form
- Underground Storage Tank Certification of Financial Responsibility
- Underground Storage Tank Letter from Chief Financial Officer
- Underground Storage Tank Permit Application
- Underground Storage Thank - Owner-Operator Agreement
- Underground Storage Tank (Response Plan)
- Underground Storage Tank - Statement of Understanding and Compliance Form